Sometimes, as we age, we forget that there is such a thing as yearly wellness/preventative exams. Remember when we used to go every year as a child? Now, those days seem so far away. However, they are helpful, necessary, and, at Oceanside Urgent Care, convenient.
It is understandable why you may need a yearly exam when you are a child. Vaccinations and growth milestones are pretty important.
What kind of yearly wellness/preventative exams are available age you get older?
- School: Even though you may think your child is too old to see the pediatrician yearly, our schools now require updates on vaccines such as pertussis and others. To transfer into schools you may need wellness/preventative exams to start the year.
- Athletic: Whether you are in college or high school, or even community sports, they may require an exam to see that you are well enough to compete and do what is necessary to participate fully in your sport without hurting yourself.
- Teachers: We often see teachers come in for yearly wellness/preventative exams because they are around all your kids with their runny noses all year. They have to be in tip top shape so that they are ready to teach your children all they need to know.
- Wellness/General Well Being: As adults, we forget that we are human and need to get our health in order. If you come in for a yearly wellness exam, we can meet, possibly take blood, and get the full picture of your health once a year. Oftentimes, things will be caught in this sort of exam that may not be otherwise.
- General health monitoring: If you have issues like high blood pressure or diabetes, you will need ongoing monitoring. You need to be on top of these issues so that you and your doctors can get and stay on the same page and stay on top of your symptoms.
The best part of all of this is that all your yearly exams can be done at one convenient and easy location. Oceanside Urgent Care, and we can’t wait to see you!